Shop Local | Support Stafford – A guide to supporting local businesses during the pandemic
Hey there!.. Independent Stafford was established in 2019 to support our local businesses, because even in the best of times, we know how difficult it can be.
Now, more than ever, we need to use the power of social media & the internet to support each other, including the independent businesses of Stafford that provide great services & products that do so much for our town.
Below is a list of ways in which you can continue to support independent businesses. If you’re a local independent business just message us on Facebook or Instagram to add your details to the below.
If you’re a customer, please support these businesses – divert your spend from large chains, share their pages on social media & do what you can to keep their livelihoods going during this difficult time. Do check with them what the latest situation is – you can click on the bold links to go direct to their page to contact to the or find out where they are.
It’s 2020 – self-isolation means we can be closer than ever. Supporting independents – together!
- Candid Beer – the legendary craft beer shop is now running as an online shop with delivery only on amazing craft beers. They’re also launching an online Candid Can Share on Thursdays at 8PM. Head to Candid’s Facebook for the latest info and news.
- Sunbear Distillery – Stafford based award winning distillery, Sunbear, is teaming up with Candid to ensure you have all of your gin and vodka need covered, including canned cocktails! The new lychee and mangosteen gins are amazing – we can confirm!
- Slater’s – the Stafford based brewery is offering free local delivery for any bottle cans and bag in boxes of beer – just email email@example.com for info. You can also call ahead on – 01785257976 and they will bring the order out to the boot of your car.
- Canalside Farm – based at Great Haywood, the award winning farm shop is offering delivery to local villages and collection for others. Great selection of fruit, veg, butchers and bakery. Head to their Facebook page for further details. From 30th March open 10am – 4pm.
- B.Taylor Fruit and Veg – the raw fruit gang are now providing a home delivery service. There is high demand so please be patient! 07845704747
- Stafford Organics – head over to their page to find out how to order for home delivery. Bread needs to be ordered a week in advance.
- Stafford Milkman – Arran is working round the clock with his team so ensure you can get your milk and bread (plus many other items) in. The team are minimising contact by delivering earlier and doorstep face to face money collections have stopped in the best interests of customers. Free delivery applies – don’t panic buy – contact Arran & the Milkninjas! Please check if taking new customers as demand is huge!
- Ayo Gorkhali – the legendary Nepalese restaurant is now offering takeaway from Tuesday to Sunday 1700 – 2200. 01785 250234
- The Island Masala Fusion – open for takeaways only. Collections and delivery service from 1700 – 2300. You can order ahead on their app or by phone. They’re also offering free meals to the vulnerable and elderly – great work team!
- Actually Good Co – provide an amazing range of vegan cupcakes for delivery to your door! Head over to Tara’s Facebook page for more info and to contact her for details.
- Roots Larder – providing a wide variety of food, laundry and plastic free items. The shop is closed but delivery and collection is available. Collections are Monday, Wednesday and Saturday 1000-1400. https://rootslarder.com
- A Hindle & Son Butchers – located on Bridle Road, now open 9am – 3PM but also offering delivery. Head over to their page for full details and weekly boxes that will give you a great selection of popular products including meat, bread, eggs and milk.
- Mark LeMoine Butchers – the local family run butchers are offering delivery on products and have hampers available with variety including different meats, poultry and eggs.
- Jake Edensore Butchers – located on West Way – the shop is closed but they will be up and running with their pre-ordering service for collection or delivery. Check their page for the latest or call 01785 251310
- Parkside Bakery – the amazing bakery at Parkside is still open 08:30 – 14:00 and they’re offering delivery with 2 working days notice.
- Tinkler’s Butchers – located in Burton Square, the butchers remains open for business – two customers at a time in the shop and delivery for those self-isolating! Call 01785248628 for info.
- Parkers of Stafford – based on Mill Street in town, the fishmongers is open as usual and operating a one customer in the shop at a time policy.
Gifts & Jewellery
- Eightfourteen – Harriet makes amazing sterling silver jewellery in Woodings Yard, Stafford. Now working from home and offering read-to-ship items on Etsy and Folksy. Custom or made to measure unavailable until further notice.
- Molly Designs – Molly produces bespoke and personalised cards and art. These are available on Folksy and Molly will write your card free of charge.
Beauty & Skincare
- The Soap Deli – skincare that is natural, pure and simple. You can order by telephone or online with a £15 minimum before 1PM guaranteeing free delivery after 5pm the same day.
- Claire Massey Hairdressing – based on Weston Road Claire is offering gift vouchers to help with cashflow, and also help you provide a gift to others or yourself for a later date.
- Beautique Nails and Beauty – now selling nail kits to ensure your nails can be looked after during isolation! Head over to their Facebook page for full details on “the full kit”, the ”nail break kit” and the freshen up kit”.
- DeCalma Beauty – the beauty salon in Burton Square, Stafford, is now closed but you can still buy gift vouchers of £10 or more to support the shop for when it is safe to reopen.
Clothing & Accessories
- B’s Clothing & Gifts – a fantastic local business providing custom clothing, personalised gifts & branded work wear, stickers, vinyls, decals & much more. B’s are working as normal and can post your orders direct to you. We know from experience that B’s service is second to none!
- Brand Warehouse – you can still order your custom uniforms and branded clothing online, email or over the phone. Collection and delivery options available. Currently offering 20% off all orders! firstname.lastname@example.org or 01785 240182
Music, Arts & Crafts
- Protean Art – have launched some great “Protean Takeaway” packs, with art kits for adults and children. The packs provide resources and instructions to replicate the popular Protean workshops.
- Redrum – Stafford’s finest live music venue is now selling a bespoke Redrum t-shirt to help provide income whilst the live events continue to be disrupted. Please give them a helping hand!
Home Decor & Interiors
- Avoir Interiors – the ever popular home interior & gifts shop have a new website going live next week. You can order a limited range from Facebook or Instagram with delivery within a 25mile radius of Stafford. The team also provide mood boards and ideas via email or WhatsApp – phone Nicola 07920064104 or Lesha 0781110928
- Quirky Emporium – shop in The Colonade, Eastgate Street is closed, but still selling on Facebook page.
- House of Oscar – fantastic local online home accessories and shabby chic furniture business – taking all measures to maximise hygiene and non-contact!
- Nothing New Stafford – based at Gainsborough Works in the north end of town, Sam & Tom will are open by appointment only and still selling through Instagram and Facebook, website and eBay with delivery available. Call 07445 260 681.
- Coopers Waste – skips available for delivery and collection from £105.
Health & Wellbeing
- The Well Nest – helping you to reduce stress & anxiety with mindfulness. Hannah has now included a ‘home retreat’ session for this month’s retreat, taking place via Skype so you can relax without the need to socialise. Regular classes are now being hosted online – click here to view.
- Roar Juice – providing you with health kicks for your immune system which you can order online using Ubereats and Justeat!
- Tranquility – their shop off the Newport Road is closed but they are selling natural skincare and aromatherapy products, as well as supporting a healthy & environmentally friendly lifestyle through their website and providing delivery – https://etranquility.co.uk/
- TopLine Studio – classes have currently stopped, but the studio is available for hire for any couple or singles that want to practice their dancing. Zest Yoga is also doing online classes for those that are booked onto their courses.
- D Fitness – Daz is a Stafford based personal trainer now offering 121 sessions and group sessions including Online Hatton Boing sessions online.
- Revive Fitness – the local fitness trainer based in Eccleshall is now offering outdoor fitness sessions at client’s houses .
- Progress Point – the local physical therapist is now offering offer telemedicine appointments for people wanting physiotherapy advice – visit their page or call 07977 211905
- One Step Closer – providing live videos on Facebook and YouTube with free to everyone with optional support. Online 1-2-1 are offered at discounted rates. You can also get support with meal prep and training plans.
- CBD Fit – the online webstore is still going, selling CBD products for sleep, recovery, pains and aches.
- Hixon Tyres – the Hixon based tyre and automotive repair centre is still open to support people who need to be using their car to do so. 01889359328
- CTJ Home & Leisure – are currently open for essentials and are offering a FOC delivery service to ST16 & ST17 for those isolating
- Stafford Computing – the family run business are continuing to support the vulnerable and those urgently needed repairs/replacement machines and laptops. Call with enquires as the shop is currently closed and there may be nobody there. We are running on pre arranged drop off/delivery only, for the safety of residents. 07792 024858
- AMG Financial Solutions – the small local mortgage and protection insurance broker based on Lichfield Road is still open for business using phone calls and video appointments as the team work from home.